Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Social networking

I have gone to the lot trouble of setting up my account on these Social Networking sites and having let my friends know the time has come to close my account.

So I decide that actually it may not be a great idea to have lots of my personal information floating about on-line and want to delete my accounts.

This should be simple to delete one self from these Social Networking sites, right? Well NO NOT QUITE! The fact are, I couldn't completely erase all my account from most these Social Networking sites.

I would tell you to do the following If you are going to close an account and you have decided to close it for sure, the best thing to do would be log-in and change all of your account info and details about your self to useless information and details about your self.

Most of these sites use very carefully constructed sentences to skirt around the fact that they’ll keep at least some of your details on their records.

Here is a instance for you. Microsoft Windows Live account, Microsoft states: “Closing your account will permanently delete your registered information (This is information given to Windows Live, including your e-mail address and password.) and credentials”, Wow this sound good this just what I wanted!, until you read further down the document to the part that says, “Some of your information will not be deleted. To learn more about this see Microsoft On-line Privacy Notice”,

Microsoft has no specific mention of any of the information that may be retained about you!!!!

Some of these site also talks of ‘deactivating’ accounts rather than deleting it!

Look being on Social Networking site is fun, Just be carefully with your information.

Some one is get rich on your information..... NO JOKE!


Add your $0.02!

1 comments:

People's invitations through the sites also automatically create an identity, with name and email address.

Several people have "invited" me to several sites I have no interest in, and now I have searchable results that I don't know exist.

Very annoying!