Seriously, it really BULL looking for a new job (Career) . I lost my job pretty suddenly over a BULL situation , so I'm out looking for work. I am, trying to convince employers that I live up to my resume. Then I get to email telling about "skill sets" they need and "processes" in place to "service clients" and "meet expectations" and so on and so on.
Still, my 3 hour commune home everyday in the SF Bay area sounds better all the time.
Looking for a career has caused me to recall that BULL and it can be applied many times over as both a noun and verb when it comes to job hunting. You know all those questions. That the HR person insist on asking you. In most case's they're always the same generally questions. And all this just to hear, "
You are so over qualified that they would expect to lose you very quickly"
The last time people talk this much and say so little, I was watching the News for 2008 U.S.A. presidential election.
Let's face it most us just BULL those answers to get hired. So it's not really your competency to work that they're gaging, it's your BULL skills.
Why do you want to work here at this company?
Because the other company wouldn't let me work for them and I need money. I'm sorry was there any other reason why anyone would be willingly work here?
Why should we hire you?
Because I have no standards this point. I'll work at your crap job and pretend to respect you in exchange for cash.
What are your motivations for working here?
Because I like to have food on my table and a roof over my head. And I need money to live on!
And does every Human Resources Management use the same email? .
"Thank you for giving us the opportunity to review your qualifications regarding employment possibilities. The interest you have expressed in joining blank company, is greatly appreciated.
We are currently evaluating the qualifications of all applicants. After a careful review of our staffing requirements, the most qualified candidates will be contacted to determine their interest and availability.
Again, thank you for your interest. We wish you success in your future career endeavors.
Regards,
Human Resources "
Note1: Have some patience. Because the average period between jobs in America is nearly five months. That can feel like a long time. Don't forget to laugh at the BULL you hear from Human Resources Management and Recruiters.
Note2: Check out the local recruitment website so that we can concentrate on what might be suitable for you.
Note3: Keep or Resume or Curriculum Vitae (CV) short, Because most Human Resources Management and Recruiters do not like to read or they just can't read. Most never read pass page 3 of your CV.Note4: Also thanks to technology you can now do things like job blogging, video resumes, etc.
Note5: This Hot! While it's a no-brainier to focus on how best to answer those typical interview questions, don't forget to pay some attention to that other 85% of what you're communicating non-verbally. It can pay dividends after your interview when you realize your body often speaks louder than your words.
Note6: Don't wait around for any follow up from Human Resources Management and Recruiters. Sometimes no news is good news. "The timetable of the recruiter and the timetable of the job seeker are never the same.
Note7: Before sending any cover letter, resume, or follow up letter get another person to look at it. After all, "the only thing worse than not sending or cover letter, resume, or follow up letter is sending one with a typo.
Best Regards,
Job seeker
Add your $0.02 to this conversation!
Categories:
Seriously
0 comments:
Post a Comment